Thursday, November 26, 2009

Getting Started

This is my new blog on "good" software design.  One thing I've learned is that there are always at least two good ways to do something.  Hopefully, this blog will help you narrow them down.

In reviewing what lings and other blogs I should list here, I ran across a great quote from one of my strongly-opinionated heroes, Allen Holub.  It's about hiring, and matches my recent experience, where companies want somebody who knows some exact "hot" technology and accept no substitutes.
When you select for experience with specific technologies, for example, you reject extremely qualified people who could learn the required skills in a few days, while hiring incompetent programmers who have been using the technology incorrectly for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment